The Almost Empty Nester: Tucking In

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Tucking In

It's been a rough week. 

We leave in two days to take The Girl Child to school. And she's ready. So it's been a long wait. A very long week. The Hubby said, "It's like pulling a duct tape band aid off my arm, my hairy arm, slowly and with much pain." 

We don't want her to leave, but she is more than ready to go. It's time. 

I feel like I've been walking along in a fog of sadness. I cry at random times at least four times a day. I don't want to do anything but hang out with her tucked under fuzzy blankets watching Psych. And we have. 

I've been told in my life that when things get tough, it helps to focus on others. And I believe that. 

But sometimes I think it's good to tuck in and just be. Curl up under blankets and be sad. 

I love to help other people, but I have trouble asking or accepting help. Even from close friends. But the coolest thing has happened these past few weeks. 

My heart friends are telling me to tuck in and they're taking care of me. Checking in. Making me laugh, giving me a shoulder to cry on. 

This is a big deal. A huge change for me and our family. 

It's okay to tuck in. Be. Cry. Snuggle under a blanket. 


No comments:

Post a Comment